Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Holiday Recount: Stimulating Holidays

As I awoke to the birds chirping early in the morning, excitement rushed through my veins. “Yesss”, I said loudly. “I better get ready now, as the movie starts at 11:00 O’clock”. I took a quick glimpse at my phone, “10:00!!!, I said anxiously. I rushed towards my drawers to find a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and a warm jumper. Quickly walking to the bathroom I ignored everything and everyone around me. I swung open the bathroom door and dashed in to get ready.


After getting changed I walked in the direction of my room, picked up my phone and saw as it was 10:20. “Not that long to go until I watch The Maze Runner with Cheyanne, her cousin and my sister”, I said nervously. As I waited for the clock to hit 10:30, I slipped on my socks and shoes and brushed my hair. I also had to wait for my sister to get ready as well. Finally, we were both dressed and ready to go, I scanned my wallet to check if I had enough money to buy the tickets and also some food.

Just before we left I texted Cheyanne to let her know that we were leaving now. “We’re off now Dad!”, my sister and I announced. “Okay, do you want me to drop you two off?”, “Sure”, I replied. As we hopped in the car and was driving off towards Sylvia Park, we spotted Cheyanne and Lana (Cheyanne’s cousin). We stopped by and gave them a ride as well. It wasn’t a really long ride before we arrived at Sylvia Park, but as soon as we got there butterflies filled my stomach. We all thanked my Dad for the ride and trudged off into the entrance.

We ambled throughout the mall zig zagging through people as we made our way to the movies. As we waited in line to get served we were politely greeted by a lady staff member, “How can I help you?”, she said politely. “Can I get two tickets to The Maze Runner please”, I replied. I handed her a voucher which was $16 for 2 people. I felt shocked when she said that we couldn’t use the voucher because of The Maze Runner was only played on the X-treme Screen. I called Cheyanne and her cousin over to tell them about the situation, so we all agreed to watch Step Up 5: All In. As we paid for our tickets I felt disappointed that we didn’t watch The Maze Runner. “The movie starts at 1:30pm”, I uttered quietly.

We had to wait for another 2 1/2 hours before the movie started, so during that time we walked to buy some food and sauntered around aimlessly through the mall. As we went back into the cinemas and sat down on the chair waiting, it felt like we were all sitting their for huge amount of time. I took a quick glimpse at my watch and read 1:10. Excitement flooded through me. Five minutes passed, it was time for us to go into the cinemas. As I got in, I found my seat, sat down and zipped open my bag to pull out my snacks. Approximately 5 minutes had already passed and the movie still hadn’t started, but another 2 minutes went by and it started. As I quickly grabbed my biscuits at the side of me, I tried not to miss any bit of the movie.

The movie was really interesting, especially when they were dancing and performing. As the movie finished I shoved my rubbish into my bag, zipped it up and began walking towards the train station. My legs were aching from walking, so I couldn’t wait to get onto the train and go home. As we all paid for our tickets, the train arrived and was going in the same direction as us. We hopped on the train, sat down and waited until we arrived at Glen Innes Train Station. As we walked home with the sun shining, I began to get exhausted. As soon as I got home, I was relieved. Overall Step Up: All In, was pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment